This domain is led by Mrs. Kim Cinicola.
We believe that personal, social and health education (PSHE) is a vital aspect of the curriculum.
PSHE supports our children to:
- become mentally and physically healthy, independent and responsible members of a society.
- understand how they are developing personally and socially, and tackles many of the moral, social and cultural issues that are part of growing up.
- learn about rights and responsibilities and appreciate what it means to be a member of a diverse society.
- develop their sense of self-worth by playing a positive role in contributing to school life and the wider community.
- develop personal values to support children to become positive citizens in a forever changing global community.
- prepare for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of later life.
- PSHE is something that is upheld and promoted through a planned classroom curriculum, our school culture and ethos, the wider school day and through the social relationships in each of our schools.
We use Jigsaw as our chosen teaching and learning programme but retain flexibility to tailor it to the needs of the pupils and respond to the ever-changing needs of our communities.
Our planned PSHE curriculum is inclusive of citizenship and the statutory health and relationships requirements and it promotes the moral, spiritual and cultural development of our learners as well as supported children to learn and uphold British values.
-PSHE Domain Team