The School's Safeguarding Leads are as follows;
Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) Chris Kamin - Headteacher
Deputy DSL (School) Kim Cinicola - Year 1 Teacher
School Safeguarding Governor - Jasmine Riches
Ruishton C of E Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Our Child Protection Policy contains the following safeguarding mission statement:
- Establish and maintain an environment where school staff and volunteers feel safe, are encouraged to talk and are listened to when they have concerns about the safety and well-being of a child.
- Ensure children know that there are adults in the school whom they can approach if they are worried.
- Ensure that children, who have additional/unmet needs, are supported appropriately. This could include referral to Early Help services or specialist services if they are a child in need or have been / are at risk of being abused and neglected.
- Consider how children may be taught about safeguarding, including online safety, through teaching and learning opportunities, as part of providing a broad and balanced curriculum.
- Staff members working with children are advised to maintain an attitude of ‘it could happen here’ where safeguarding is concerned.
- When concerned about the welfare of a child, staff members should always act in the interests of the child and develop a culture where Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility.
If you are ever concerned about the safety or well‐being of someone at our school please talk to the school’s Designated Safeguarding Lead or Deputy.