SIAMS- Church Inspection
Ruishton Church of England Primary School had a church inspection, by the diocese, on Monday 5th December 2016. All Church of England dioceses use the Church of England Education Office's framework for the Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools (SIAMS) in order to inspect their church schools.
The SIAMS inspection focused upon the distinctiveness and effectiveness of Ruishton as a Church of England school. This was explored through seven strands:
- Vision and Leadership
- Wisdom, Knowledge and Skills
- Character Development: Hope, Aspiration and Courageous Advocacy
- Community and Living Well Together
- Dignity and Respect
- The impact of Collective Worship
- The effectiveness of Religious Education
An overall grade is then awarded, reflecting the contribution of these strands to the thriving of all pupils and adults in a Church school.
We are pleased to have received a 'Good' grading. We are especially pleased that the inspector acknowledged that 'Relationships within school are strong and respectful, being modelled and lived out by the headteacher and staff so that all pupils understand what it means to follow the 'Ruishton Way', which is underpinned by the core Christian values'.
- Relationships within school are strong and respectful, being modelled and lived out by the headteacher and staff so that all pupils understand what it means to follow the 'Ruishton Way', which is underpinned by the core Christian values.
- The close and mutually beneficial relationship with the church and the participation of clergy in school collective worship, makes and important contribution to pupils' biblical knowledge and their spiritual, moral, social and cultural (SMSC) development.
- Pupils demonstrate an understanding of Christianity as a multi-cultural world faith and shows high levels of repect for diversity and difference within other faith communities.
Areas for development
- To establish a clear, distinctively Christian vision for the school which is made explicit in school development plans and policies.
- Ensure that leaders and governors pay close attention to the SIAMS grade descriptors when conducting monitoring and self-evaluation activities.
- To extend the opportunities for monitoring and evaluating collective worship.
- To provide further opportunities for pupils to plan and lead acts of collective worship.